Remember that you have purchased RAW human hair. This means that it will cooperate the same as your natural hair would! It was grown from a human scalp and will need to be treated as such. Please remember to also set realistic expectations with RAW human hair, Raw hair needs maintenance. If not taken care of properly, you will most likely experience dissatisfaction.
After all, extensions are an investment and we want to ensure that it is protected with proper regime to ensure that you have the best experience possible when using REMY & VIRGIN Extensions
Co-washing your extensions is an essential step, because it not only gently cleanse the hair but to also add luster, shine and bounce back the real natural texture of the hair and helps you to ensure the hair is flawless before install.
Rinse the hair under warm water. It is important that you keep the plastic security band around the bundle during this process to avoid tangling. Then, run your fingers through the hair.
Set out to air dry. Once dry, the hair should be tangle and shed-free. If you detect any problems during this pre-installation process, please contact us immediately.
Bleach test a few strands first before you color the entire products.
Make sure you are 100% satisfied with the product before you use/alter or install. In the rare case that you experience any excessive matting, shedding, tangling or any manufacturing issues, please contact us for further consultation. During the consultation we may recommend that the installation be removed and returned to the place of purchase for testing.
Raw hair needs maintenance (Before and after Install).
Taking care of your hair is a huge must, If you do not co-wash the hair enough it will start to dry up, loosing its moisture and starts tangling. any leave in products will start to form a build up on your hair which causes the hair to weigh down and will tangle and in some extreme cases matte. This hair must be conditioner washed 1-2 times a week depending on your lifestyle. If you sweat more from working out or daily activities washing your hair 2-3 times a week is better due to sweat and dirt builds up. We recommend Tresemme, Moisture Rich Conditioner.
We only suggest shampooing your extensions if the hair cuticles have an excessive amount of product build up causing the hair to be weighed down. Regularly, shampooing can dry out the hair and strip of its natural moisture. Be sure to use only sulfate free shampoo when cleansing and always follow it with a moisture conditioner.We recommend Tresemme, Moisture Rich Shampoo.
Tip to add more smooth and shine to the Hair Extension:
- Add few drops of olive oil to the conditioner that you use for co-wash.
- Apply any sulphate free keratin based leave in conditioner after co-wash and leave it to Air dry.
- Once the hair is air dried, apply a generous amount of Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment to lock the moisture and control Frizz.
HOW TO CO-WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING
HOW TO PREVENT SHEDDING ON YOUR EXTENSIONS
As a result of the wefting process, you may experience a few loose hairs during your initial brush out and CoWash. This is normal and should reduce significantly after the first few washes. We expect that you will have minimal shedding each day while following a routine haircare regimen. Please be advised that RAW hair gets better with time – it needs love!
All Extensions are subject to minimum shedding. However, chemically processing the hair, Vigorously brushing, combing and constant wear/tear can cause the hair to shed more than normal. However, you can prevent shedding by implementing these tips.
FOR WEFTED HAIR
Use the over and out method when installing your hair. Although our wefts are custom made, we still advise that you care for them the best you can. Not required, but you may seal your wefts using a good quality weft sealant. Also, cut your wefts only when absolutely necessary. After your install, brush your hair out thoroughly to remove loose hairs.We recommend to double the track folding the weft in half to ensure beards are inwards and not touching scalp
TIP 2. DO NOT CUT YOUR WEFT - If so, use a weft sealer on each cut end. Professional Stylists suggest folding the wefts rather than cutting individual tracks.This maintains the integrity of the extension, prevents shedding, and makes re-installation easier.
All our hair is cut from a single donor, cuticles intact, with all hairs facing the same direction from root to tip. Therefore, always pull hair from the top where it is tied with the rubber band. NEVER take hair from the bottom of the bundle. Taking strands from the bottom will cause the hair to be inverted and result in matting and tangling.
HOW TO CO-WASHING LACE BASE EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING,
( I.E FRONTALS,CLOSURES,WIGS)
CARING FOR YOUR LACE BASE EXTENSIONS I.E CLOSURES,FRONTALS & WIGS:
TIP 1: Be very careful and gentle when handling lace base extensions Ex: Closures, Frontals and Wigs as the lace fabric is very delicate. Vigorously brushing, combing and plucking with tweezers can cause punctures within the lace.
TIP 2: Do not scratch your lace with foreign objects i.e rattail combs, bobby pins you will rip the lace.
TIP 3: Avoid bleaching the knots of your lace, chemicals can cause the knots & lace to weaken and may promote shedding. Use a concealer powder in lieu of bleach.
TIP 4:Use a spray sealant such as Knot Seal to help minimize and prevent shedding.We recommend "Walker's Top-Loc Knot sealer"
Step 1: Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace.
Step 2: To define or create a new part lightly spray base of the lace with water or wrapping foam, part hair as desired and tie down with silk scarf for a min of 20 mins are until dry
Step 3: Style hair as desired. If using heat tools use a heat protectant and refrain from touching your lace with heat to
Step 1.Gently Brush out our raw hair daily using a wide tooth comb or denim brush, start from the bottom and work you way up.
Step 2.Generously, apply water using a spray bottle until hair is completely saturated.
Step 3:.Apply a generous amount of Tresses Anti Frizz Leave-In Conditioner for a very soft fluffy hold. For a more define wave/curl pattern use sulphate free Curling Cream.
Step 4: Apply an alcohol-free glossing polish or hair serum for shine and frizz control as needed.
Step 5.Allow hair to fully air dry before touching and manipulating curls.Manipulating the hair before its dried can cause frizziness.
step 6: sleeping on a silk pillow or use a silk bonnet to prevent hair from drying.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- Always use heat protectant when heat styling to avoid damage. Keep in mind, excessive heat styling can alter the original wave pattern and integrity of the hair (similar to your natural hair).
- Although the extension hair is real, it is not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own hair. Heat is your hair extensions biggest enemy. The more you use on it, the shorter the life span of your hair.
- We cannot guarantee that the hair will remain healthy if you use the blow dry, flat iron, or curling iron on a regular basis. We also recommend that for curling the hair, you use steamrollers.
BED TIME CARE
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into one loose large braid and wear a satin scarf or bonnet.
- For bouncy waves, style with flexi-rods.
- After waking up, undo braid/remove rods and comb using a wide tooth comb (or paddle brush)through beginning at the ends and working your way up to roots.
- Apply an alcohol-free hair serum for shine as needed.
- Style as needed.
- Minimize the use of heat and always use heat protectant on the hair.
- Get a professional to dye/color your hair if you do not have experience.
- Never use silicon mix on Raw Hair.
- Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle
- When washing the hair, always wash it going in a downward motion. Use your fingers in a horizontal motion between wefts to clean your scalp and a vertical motion to clean the hair extension. When rinsing, do the same to be sure that all the shampoo and conditioner residues are washed out
- If you use hair spray or other styling products, try to avoid those containing high alcohol content. (Alcohol can be very drying to the hair.)
- Styling products create build up on the hair and it is recommended that a deep cleansing shampoo be used once a month to remove build-up. Build-up can make the hair dry and can cause tangling. Use moisturizers to avoid this problem.
- If you must use heat, be sure you use a heat protecting spray. We suggest that you have your stylist trim the ends, especially if you plan on doing a lot of heat styling. Hot tools can contribute to split ends, shortening the life of your extensions.
- If you experience any tangling – Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. Gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair.
- Keep styling products to a minimum to prevent weighing down the hair.Deep condition the hair to maintain the smooth and lustrous texture of the hair. It also works as a heat protectant. Use a dime size before blow drying, flat ironing or curling.
- NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
- In sweaty Environment or doing work outs in GYM, Put hair into a high ponytail or roll into a Buns to keep it away from sweat.