Raw hair needs maintenance( Before and after Install).
Taking care of your hair is a huge must, If you do not co-wash the hair enough it will start to dry up, loosing its moisture and starts tangling. any leave in products will start to form a build up on your hair which causes the hair to weigh down and will tangle and in some extreme cases matte. This hair must be washed 1-2 times a week depending on your lifestyle. If you sweat more from working out or daily activities washing your hair 2-3 times a week is better due to sweat and dirt builds up. We recommend Tresemme, Moisture Rich Conditioner.
We only suggest shampooing your extensions if the hair cuticles have an excessive amount of product build up causing the hair to be weighed down. Regularly, shampooing can dry out the hair and strip of its natural moisture. Be sure to use only sulfate free shampoo when cleansing and always follow it with a moisture conditioner.We recommend Tresemme, Moisture Rich Shampoo.
Tip to add more smooth and shine to the Hair Extension:
- Add few drops of olive oil to the conditioner that you use for co-wash.
- Apply any sulphate free keratin based leave in conditioner after co-wash and leave it to Air dry.
- Once the hair is air dried, apply a generous amount of Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment to lock the moisture and control Frizz.
Co-wash your hair extensions first before installation is a must. Always Brush the Hair Extensions once with a wide tooth comb when it dry before any Co -Wash.
Co-washing your extensions before installing is an essential step to not only gently cleanse the hair but to also add luster, shine and bounce back into the hair for a flawless install.
You will be able to detect any issues with your bundles at this time. If you do, please contact us immediately to discuss the problems and we will resolve them accordingly.However, It is important that you keep the plastic security band around the bundle during this process to avoid tangling.
HOW TO CO-WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING
Step 1: Take a bowl of lukewarm water and add a generous amount of any sulfate free conditioner to it. Mix it well to make a semi fluid conditioner rich Mixture. Rinse the hair into the conditioner mixture and Let the hair sit in the conditioner solution for at least 15 mins.
Step 2: Hair extensions should not be handled rigorously and should always be shampooed and conditioned in a downward motion.
Step 3: Comb the hair extensions with wide tooth comb or denim brush with the conditioner on it through . Always use a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the weft/lace. Do not massage the hair.Please do it slow and gently without pulling the hair
Step 4: Rinse throughly with lukewarm to cool water to close the hair cuticles and lock in moisture & shine.
Step 5: Let hair air dry.
Step 6: Proceed to install (Note: Read How to Prevent Shedding Before Installing)
HOW TO PREVENT SHEDDING ON YOUR EXTENSIONS
All Extensions are subject to minimum shedding. However, chemically processing the hair, Vigorously brushing, combing and constant wear/tear can cause the hair to shed more than normal. However, you can prevent shedding by implementing these tips.FOR WEFTED HAIR
Use the over and out method when installing your hair. Although our wefts are custom made, we still advise that you care for them the best you can. Not required, but you may seal your wefts using a good quality weft sealant. Also, cut your wefts only when absolutely necessary. After your install, brush your hair out thoroughly to remove loose hairs.
TIP 1. RE-SEAL YOUR WEFTS- Before installing your hair, open and un ravel the bundle of hair. Lay it flat across a non stick surface such as counter top or table. Apply a weft sealant of your choice along the top of your wefted bundles. Applying sealant on one side should suffice, as most sealers seep through onto the other side. Allow sealant to completely dry before installing.
TIP 2. Do NOT cut your wefts.If so, use a weft sealer on each cut end. Professional Stylists suggest folding the wefts rather than cutting individual tracks.This maintains the integrity of the extension, prevents shedding, and makes re-installation easier.
TIP3. SEW AROUND YOUR WEFTS-It’s imperative not to puncture sewing needle through your wefts. Be sure to have your stylist sew around your wefts. Puncturing through the wefts will cause the stitch along the track to loosen and immediately prompt shedding.
All our hair is cut from a single donor, cuticles intact, with all hairs facing the same direction from root to tip. Therefore, always pull hair from the top where it is tied with the rubber band. NEVER take hair from the bottom of the bundle. Taking strands from the bottom will cause the hair to be inverted and result in matting and tangling.
FOR LACE BASE EXTENSIONS I.E FRONTALS,CLOSURES,WIGS
TIP 1: Be very careful and gentle when handling lace base extensions Ex: Closures, Frontals and Wigs as the lace fabric is very delicate. Vigorously brushing, combing and plucking with tweezers can cause punctures within the lace.
TIP 2: Do not scratch your lace with foreign objects i.e rattail combs, bobby pins you will rip the lace.
TIP 3: Avoid bleaching the knots of your lace, chemicals can cause the knots & lace to weaken and may promote shedding. Use a concealer powder in lieu of bleach.
TIP 4:Use a spray sealant such as Knot Seal to help minimize and prevent shedding.
HOW TO CO-WASHING LACE BASE EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING
CO-WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING IS AN ESSENTIAL STEP TO NOT ONLY GENTLY CLEANSE THE HAIR BUT TO ALSO ADD LUSTER, SHINE AND BOUNCE BACK INTO THE HAIR FOR A FLAWLESS INSTALL.
Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace. Do not massage the hair.
Step 1: Take a bowl of lukewarm water and add a generous amount of any sulfate free conditioner to it. Mix it well to make a semi fluid conditioner rich Mixture. Hold both the end of the lace and gently rinse the lace extensions into the conditioner mixture and Let the hair sit in the conditioner solution for at least 15 mins.
Step 2: spread a Towel on a flat surface, Now take the Lace extension from the conditioner bath by holding both the ends of the lace and gently place it on the towel that was laid on a flat surface, Gently Comb the hair extensions with wide tooth comb or denim brush with the conditioner on it from the bottom and work your way up. Please do it slow and gently without pulling the hair or poking the Lace with the comb.
Step 3: Lace extensions should not be handled rigorously.Avoid Scrunching the lace or applying the conditioner directly on the hair.
Step 4: Rinse throughly once with cool water to close the hair cuticles and lock in moisture & shine.
Step 5: Let hair air dry and brush it only after once the hair is completely dry.
Step 6: Proceed to install (Note: Read How to Prevent Shedding Before Installing)
Step 1.Brush out all waves/curls using a wide tooth comb or denim brush.
Step 2.Generously, apply water using a spray bottle until hair is completely saturated.
Step 3:.Apply a generous amount of Tresses Anti Frizz Leave-In Conditioner for a very soft fluffy hold. For a more define wave/curl pattern use Tresses Curling Cream.
Step 5.Allow hair to fully air dry before touching and manipulating curls.
CARING FOR YOUR LACE BASE EXTENSIONS I.E CLOSURES,FRONTALS & WIGS:
HOW TO SHAMPOO & CONDITION
Step 1: Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace. Do not massage the hair.
Step 2: Run closure under warm water and use sulfate free shampoo. Work shampoo throughout the hair in a downward motion from the lace to the ends. Do not scrub the lace, it can cause it to tear or shed.
Step 3: Rinse and apply conditioner. The longer you leave the conditioner in before rinsing, the more hydrated your hair will be.Rinse clean thoroughly..
Step 4: Detangle once more and let air dry or use a blow dryer on low heat
Step 1: Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace.
Step 2: To define or create a new part lightly spray base of the lace with water or wrapping foam, part hair as desired and tie down with silk scarf for a min of 20 mins are until dry
Step 3: Style hair as desired. If using heat tools use a heat protectant and refrain from touching your lace with heat to
THINGS TO AVOID
- Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
- Although the extension hair is real, it is not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own hair. Heat is your hair extensions biggest enemy. The more you use on it, the shorter the life span of your hair. We cannot guarantee that the hair will remain healthy if you use the blow dry, flat iron, or curling iron on a regular basis. We also recommend that for curling the hair, you use steamrollers.
BED TIME CARE
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into one loose large braid and wear a satin scarf or bonnet.
- For bouncy waves, style with flexi-rods.
- After waking up, undo braid/remove rods and comb using a wide tooth comb (or paddle brush)through beginning at the ends and working your way up to roots.
- Apply an alcohol-free hair serum for shine as needed.
- Style as needed.
- Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle
- When washing the hair, always wash it going in a downward motion. Use your fingers in a horizontal motion between wefts to clean your scalp and a vertical motion to clean the hair extension. When rinsing, do the same to be sure that all the shampoo and conditioner residues are washed out
- If you use hair spray or other styling products, try to avoid those containing high alcohol content. (Alcohol can be very drying to the hair.)
- Styling products create build up on the hair and it is recommended that a deep cleansing shampoo be used once a month to remove build-up. Build-up can make the hair dry and can cause tangling. Use moisturizers to avoid this problem.
- If you must use heat, be sure you use a heat protecting spray. We suggest that you have your stylist trim the ends, especially if you plan on doing a lot of heat styling. Hot tools can contribute to split ends, shortening the life of your extensions.
- If you experience any tangling – Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. Gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair.
- Keep styling products to a minimum to prevent weighing down the hair.Deep condition the hair to maintain the smooth and lustrous texture of the hair. It also works as a heat protectant. Use a dime size before blow drying, flat ironing or curling.
- NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.