1. What are clip-in hair extensions?
Clip-in hair extensions are a type of temporary hair weave that can add luxurious volume and extra length to spruce up your hairstyle.
Clip-in made of premium quality Remy and virgin human hair extensions have longevity and natural textures and give the best appearance. The hair needs to match your original texture and color.
If you do not find a perfect match, you can even try to blend two different colors that closely match your original hair color to give a custom look.
Clip-ins have clips attached to the weft. Clip-in extensions are sold from 3 sets to 7 sets based on the amount of thickness and volume you like to add, and each piece has different weft lengths that help to create layers on users’ heads.
The best advantage of clip-in extensions is that it can be clipped in along with our natural hair and can be removed whenever needed.
2. What are the best hair extensions for me? What are the different types of hair extensions?
Have you wondered how the celebrities, TV Anchors, actress have a lustrous thicker hair always? Are you jealous of them? Not anymore, as Hair Extensions are the secret. You can even get the butt-length/baby bangs/curly shag/ponytail-whipping hair of your dreams using the right kind of hair extensions (like clip-ins, tape-ins, I-tips, and more).
There are three types of human hair extensions:
Temporary: can remove and attach every day by yourself like clip-ins ponytails etc., Temporary methods are great for occasional wear.
- Clip-ins: pre-clipped strips of extensions that snap onto sections of your own hair right at the root,
Semi-Permanent: need to get it installed by a stylist and needs adjustment every 6 – 8 weeks as to when the hair grows, and so extensions need to be readjusted, so they are closer to the scalp again. Tap-ins is one example.
- Tape-ins: pre-taped strips of extensions that are taped or glued along with your roots by a stylist.
- Keratin extensions: tiny strands of extensions that are heated and bonded to tiny strands of your own hair with a keratin-based glue.
- I-tips: strands of extensions that are crimped to strands of your own hair with a flattened microbead, without using any heat or glue
Permanent: Permanent extensions are extensions like machine wefts hair bundles/weaves usually sewn along with frontals/closures, hand-tied wefts, micro links, keratin bonds, which are installed strand by strand and are worn continuously for many months. Permanent methods are good for those who are disappointed with their own hair and feel they need additional hair to gain extra volume, length, or both on a daily basis.
- Sew-ins: Also known as weave-ins, these extensions are sewn to your own braided-up hair with a needle and thread by a stylist. Examples like Machine wefts, Handtied wefts. Frontals, Closures, etc.,
- Temporary: can remove and attach every day by yourself like clip-ins ponytails etc., Temporary methods are great for occasional wear.
3. How much do hair extensions cost?
The national average cost of Remy & Virgin hair extensions is between $200 and $600. On the low end, clip-in and tape-in hair extensions range from $100 to $200. Professional glued-in extensions prices are between $600 up to $3,000 for a full-head of extra-long, permanent, cold-fusion extensions with virgin hair.
|Clip-in||$100 to $500|
|Weave||$100 to $600|
|Fusion||$200 to $1,000|
|Glued-in||$300 to $500|
|Bonded||$1,500 to $3,000|
4. How long do hair extensions last?
That depends on which hair quality you buy, higher quality Premium South Indian Remy and Virgin hairs will last more than a year minimum provided the hair has been taken proper care with the right products.
Please refer to our hair care tips section to learn more. Ensure you do not use products that will damage the hair or apply any damaging process that may cause tangling and shedding.
5. Do hair extensions damage your hair?
Temporary ones should not be used daily, because if they are continuously in one place, it can cause long term problems. Permanent hair extensions can be used for a lifetime, and it will not damage if they are maintained well.
They should be refitted at the properly given time and also should be removed in a salon where it was fixed. People with hair loss should never get extensions. It only masks the problem, and it does not fix the problem of hair loss.
6. How do I install clip in hair extensions?
To install, you have to pull your own hair on the top of your head and make it into a ponytail. Separate the hair into thin sections of 1-inch volume for the clips to hold on to the natural hair without slipping.
Snap the clips on the extensions to the natural hair sections to create evenly spaced layers of hair close to the hair roots in such a way that it cannot be seen outside. If its visible, please rearrange it properly.
Create enough layers blending it close to a natural appearance. Trim the hair lengths if required. You can even style your hair to have a ponytail, Buns, topknots, and whatnot.
7.How do I choose the right shade of hair extensions?
For a beautiful, natural look, match hair extensions to your own color. If you do not find a perfect match, you can even try to blend two different colors that closely match your original hair color to give a custom look.
Different companies have different color codes, and sometimes it so confusing. Many companies that sell extensions via the internet will send color samples for a small fee. This can be a smart investment.
Choose the color that most closely mimics your own hair color and make your decision after you have received the samples and done an “in-person” test. It is worth the extra time and the few additional dollars you will spend to find the right color before making the extension purchase.
8. How do I style hair extensions?
You can achieve any desired style with high-quality REMY & VIRGIN Hair. Your hair extension can be cut into a style that suits you and is easy to maintain. You can heat the quality hair with quality tools and recommended heat, then blow-dry your hair extensions along with your own hair and look completely natural.
9. If I have curly hair, can I still wear clip in hair extensions?
Yes, Find the company that can provide you with the hair texture that can match your natural curl texture.
10. How long does my hair have to be to wear hair extensions?
Your hair ideally should be at least 4-6 inches. The reason being is that the hair needs to blend and be able to cover the tracks of the extensions. Natural blending is a must!
You can also wear wigs until your natural hair gets the required length.
11. Will hair extensions blend if I have short hair?
Short hair extensions blend perfectly with short hair. Use extensions of length ranging from 16 to 18 inches long, or you can also choose to look for shorter extensions if your hair is way shorter. The color of the hair extension chosen must perfectly blend with your natural short hair, i.e., its color needs to match with your hair perfectly.
Avoid using extensions whose length are more than 20 inches long since the bigger the difference in length between the natural hair and the hair extensions is, the harder it will be to blend together. If your hair’s color is two-toned, then to address this is to use a simple trick that involves mixing and matching your hair extension with your natural hair.
To achieve this, you will need to employ different two extensions of different colors then perfectly blend them together with the natural hair. Layer the two sets of extensions above each other, creating a mixed effect which creates a seamless blend better than using a single color set.
12. What are the best hair extensions for short hair?
Hair extensions can be installed on short hairs very well, and blending is the crucial part, that is where we need an expert stylist. So its always good to get a consultation from your stylist who can tell you how to blend the extensions and which extension type you can use based on your hair thickness. Remember, the hair will still grow while extensions are installed.
13. What are the best hair extensions for thin hair?
For thin hair, you can either go with micro bead hair extensions or tape-in hair extensions. One can make the decision based on how much weight, stress, and tension will be placed on your natural hair. If you have fine or thin hair, you need to make sure your hair extensions with the lightest density.
These kinds of extensions are best installed after consulting with the stylists. Installations and removal should be professionally done in order to avoid damage to the natural hair.
14. Will clip-in hair extensions work for my wedding hairstyle?
You should really consider hair extensions for getting that luscious look and the volume of hair required to get the desired hairstyle that will make you look outstanding on one such special day. Order samples from the brand you are considering so you can see the colors in person. Ask your stylist to match the color at the end of your locks and not the roots, as it shows your style. It costs a little more, but multicolored extensions will blend in much more naturally.
15. Should I get hair extensions?
If this is your first time hearing about hair extension and thinking about getting hair extension installed, you should know that the reason they are so popular is that they add fullness, volume, and dimensions of color to your hair. In other words, everything a woman with fine hair could ever dream of getting. Find the companies that sell REMY & VIRGIN hairs and buy the hair that are of high quality to enjoy the real experience.
16. Will my hair extensions be obvious to others?
When hair extensions are installed professionally with more attention by the best hairstylists, they won’t be obvious. Also, they provide you with what type of extensions blends well for your natural hair texture, tone, etc.,
17. When can I wear hair extensions?
“The entry-level—the gateway drug—is our clip-ins.” Those are most popular with beginners since they are so user-friendly. Essentially barrettes with hair attached, they can be clipped in or out whenever you like. The second option is tape extensions; those are held in place with strong, invisible bi-adhesive premium tape that is undetectable to the touch; they last for up to eight weeks.
The third choice is keratin. They are attached with a high-tech process that binds them with sound activation and keratin attachments; they last for three months or more. Get them installed and removed without damaging your natural hair.
Always buy REMY & VIRGIN Hair and have the hair maintained properly.
18. Can I curl and straighten hair extensions?
Yes! Hair extensions made with 100% Remy & Virgin human hair can be curled, straightened, blow-dried and styled, just like your own natural hair.
19. What products can I use on hair extensions?
- Please keep your hair moisturized! If you have curly hair, do not forget to add water to your daily hair regime.
- Use Moisturizing shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate-free.
- Look for keywords on the bottle such as moisture, moisture repair, curly hair products, hydra/hydro. AVOID SULFATE-BASED PRODUCTS
- OGX quenching coconut curls shampoo and conditioner
- Tresemme moisture-rich shampoo and conditioner
- A good leave-in conditioner can reduce the possibility of tangling, reduce fly-aways, and tame frizz. Unlike the conditioner you use with shampoo, leave-in conditioner is applied and is left in your hair until your next wash. Leave-in conditioners also help with moisturizing your hair.
- If you have curly extensions, leave-in conditioner and water will be your best friend! You will need to de-tangle and wet your curly hair extensions (with a wide-tooth comb) every day in order to maintain the appearance of those curls. If you have curly hair, we recommend you consider getting a wig made if you are not used to maintaining curly hair.
- Hair that is deep conditioned regularly is softer, more manageable, and won’t experience much frizz or breakage.
- Do not apply conditioner directly to the tape area of Tape-Ins.
- Do your best to avoid adding too much heat to your hair. As you know, a human hair is susceptible to heat damage. If you choose to add heat to your hair, use a heat protectant! Heat protectant helps prevent the hair from being completely affected by heat damage.
- Do not over-saturate your hair with oil. Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Coconut oil
- Garnier Fructis Anti-frizz serum (helps keep frizziness to a minimum)
Hair Care At Night
- DO NOT FORGET to wrap your hair at night! Be sure to wrap your hair in a satin bonnet or silk scarf. Satin/Silk helps retain moisture in the hair, whereas cotton and other materials strip the hair of moisture resulting in friction, which makes your hair susceptible to tangling/matting.
If you have curly extensions, use the pineapple bun method to avoid flattening your curls. You can also section your hair at night and create 2-4 plats/braids in your hair.
20. How to wash and dry hair extensions?
De-tangle the hair with a wide-tooth comb/denman brush. (start at the tips and work your way up to the top of the bundle)
Wet the hair with warm water and apply conditioner. (you are welcome to use shampoo as well if you would like)
Saturate the ends with conditioner in a scrunching manner.
Be gentle when washing the hair. Wash your hair in a downward motion (root to tip). Use a wide-tooth comb to ensure the conditioner is evenly distributed throughout the hair.
Rinse the conditioner out. (you can apply oil or leave-in conditioner if you would like)
Gently pat the hair with a towel. Do not towel dry completely; just use a towel to soak up excess water.
Allow hair to air dry. Blow-dry the top of the weft, so it does not hold moisture.
Try your best to avoid over saturating the hair with products. The use of many products will weigh the hair down and cause tangling, frizzing, and other problems! Raw hair requires TLC (tender love and care). ALWAYS REMEMBER TO DE-TANGLE YOUR RAW HAIR EXTENSIONS BEFORE WASHING THEM!
21. How to brush hair extensions?
Brush using a soft bristle brushed, so the bristles are firm but gentle. This brush won’t pull out hair or cause strain on the connection points.
To brush: hold your hair roots with one hand to support the bonds. With the other hand, brush gently by starting at the ends and working up toward the scalp. Always go in a downward direction to preserve the hair’s natural direction.
22. Can I dye/color my hair extensions?
All human hair extensions can be dyed safely and effectively, providing that several important guidelines are followed, and the correct products are used.
The quality and the current color of the extensions will determent how long the hair will last after chemical treatments. Generally speaking, dark-colored hair will last longer than blondes. Like your own hair, all chemical treatments will alter the hair extensions’ condition, and you would expect a shorter lifespan. This includes some color rinse as well as PH changing silvering shampoo. Always contact us first for recommended products.
Our Remy & Virgin human hair extensions are the highest quality hair that can be dyed darker at home easily, and #1b,#2,#4 can be lightened as well.
Dark shades of virgin hair are very strong and able to take bleach and color. Light-colored hair should be proceeded with caution, as the hair has already been pre-colored and lightened to its current color. Further chemical processing can damage the hair.
Remember, unless the hair is completely virgin before coloring, the lifespan will shorten with chemical treatments. Virgin hair is dark brown in color, and Blonde/dyed hair are not virgin, so please do it professionally by avoiding the total ruin of your extensions.
23. Can I sleep with hair extensions?
We do not recommend sleeping with your Luxies in, as they can get tangled during sleep, causing damage to the extensions and your natural hair.
In case if you have to sleep with Extensions on Sleep in a low braid or ponytail. Sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase.
24. Can I swim with hair extensions?
No, we do not recommend swimming with your hair extensions or getting them wet (except when washing them). Chlorine from swimming pools, salt from ocean water, and dirt in all water bodies can be damaging to your hair extensions.
In case if needed, when swimming, coat your hair in conditioner and wear in a braid or loose, high bun.
25. Can I play sports with hair extensions?
You can play sport, go to the gym, and do all your normal activities with hair extensions.