HOW TO CO-WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING
Always wash your hair extensions first before installation. You will be able to detect any issues with your bundles at this time. If you do, please contact us immediately to discuss the problems and we will resolve them accordingly.
Co-washing your extensions before installing is an essential step to not only gently cleanse the hair but to also add luster,shine and bounce back into the hair for a flawless install.
Step 1: Saturate the hair with lukewarm water and apply a sulfate free moisturizing condition i.e Tresses Deep Moisture Conditioner.
Step 2: Comb conditioner through extensions with wide tooth comb or denim brush
Step 3: Let conditioner sit for at least 5 mins
Step 4: Rinse throughly with lukewarm to cool water to close the hair cuticles and lock in moisture & shine.
Step 5: Let hair air dry.
Step 6: Proceed to install (Note: Read How to Prevent Shedding Before Installing)
NOTE* We only suggest shampooing your extensions if the hair cuticles have an excessive amount of product build up causing the hair to be weighed down. Regularly, shampooing can dry out the hair and strip of its natural moisture. Be sure to use only sulfate free shampoo when cleansing and always follow it with a moisture conditioner
HOW TO PREVENT SHEDDING ON YOUR EXTENSIONS
All Extensions are subject to minimum shedding. However, chemically processing the hair, Vigorously brushing, combing and constant wear/tear can cause the hair to shed more than normal. However, you can prevented shedding by implementing these tips.
FOR WEFTED HAIR
Use the over and out method when installing your hair. Although our wefts are custom made, we still advise that you care for them the best you can. Not required, but you may seal your wefts using a good quality weft sealant. Also, cut your wefts only when absolutely necessary. After your install, brush your hair out thoroughly to remove loose hairs.
TIP 1. RE-SEAL YOUR WEFTS- Before installing your hair, open and un ravel the bundle of hair. Lay it flat across a non stick surface such as counter top or table. Apply a weft sealant of your choice along the top of your wefted bundles. Applying sealant on one side should suffice, as most sealers seep through onto the other side. Allow sealant to completely dry before installing.
TIP 2. Do NOT cut your wefts. If so, use a weft sealer on each cut end.
TIP3. SEW AROUND YOUR WEFTS-It’s imperative not to puncture sewing needle through your wefts. Be sure to have your stylist sew around your wefts. Puncturing through the wefts will cause the stitch along the track to loosen and immediately prompt shedding.
FOR LACE BASE EXTENSIONS I.E FRONTALS,CLOSURES,WIGS
TIP 1: Be very careful and gentle when handling lace base extensions Ex: Closures, Fontals and Wigs as the lace fabric is very delicate. Vigorously brushing, combing and plucking with tweezers can cause punctures within the lace.
TIP 2: Do not scratch your lace with foreign objects i.e rattail combs, bobby pins you will rip the lace.
TIP 3: Avoid bleaching the knots of your lace, chemicals can cause the knots & lace to weaken and may promote shedding. Use a concealer powder in lieu of bleach.
TIP 4:Use a spray sealant such as Knot Seal to help minimize and prevent shedding.
DAILY MAINTENANCE ON YOUR WAVY/CURLY TEXTURED EXTENSIONS WHEN WORN IN ITS NATURAL STATE.
Step 1.Brush out all waves/curls using a wide tooth comb or denim brush.
Step 2.Generously, apply water using a spray bottle until hair is completely saturated.
Step 3:.Apply a generous amount of Tresses Anti Frizz Leave-In Conditioner for a very soft fluffy hold. For a more define wave/curl pattern use Tresses Curling Cream.
Step 5.Allow hair to fully air dry before touching and manipulating curls.
CARING FOR YOUR LACE BASE EXTENSIONS I.E CLOSURES,FRONTALS & WIGS:
HOW TO SHAMPOO & CONDITION
Step 1: Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace. Do not massage the hair.
Step 2: Run closure under warm water and use sulfate free shampoo. Work shampoo throughout the hair in a downward motion from the lace to the ends. Do not scrub the lace, it can cause it to tear or shed.
Step 3: Rinse and apply conditioner. The longer you leave the conditioner in before rinsing, the more hydrated your hair will be.Rinse clean thoroughly..
Step 4: Detangle once more and let air dry or use a blow dryer on low heat
Step 1: Detangle by using a wide-toothed comb or detangling brush. Gently start from the ends and work your way up towards the lace.
Step 2: To define or create a new part lightly spray base of the lace with water or wrapping foam, part hair as desired and tie down with silk scarf for a min of 20 mins are until dry
Step 3: Style hair as desired. If using heat tools use a heat protectant and refrain from touching your lace with heat to
THINGS TO AVOID
- Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
- Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle.
- Although the extension hair is real, it is not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own hair. Heat is your hair extensions biggest enemy. The more you use on it, the shorter the life span of your hair. We cannot guarantee that the hair will remain healthy if you use the blow dry, flat iron, or curling iron on a regular basis. We also recommend that for curling the hair, you use steamrollers.
BED TIME CARE
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into one loose large braid and wear a satin scarf or bonnet.
- For bouncy waves, style with flexi-rods.
- After waking up, undo braid/remove rods and comb using a wide tooth comb (or paddle brush)through beginning at the ends and working your way up to roots.
- Apply an alcohol-free hair serum for shine as needed.
- Style as needed.
- Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle
- When washing the hair, always wash it going in a downward motion. Use your fingers in a horizontal motion between wefts to clean your scalp and a vertical motion to clean the hair extension. When rinsing, do the same to be sure that all the shampoo and conditioner residues are washed out
- If you use hair spray or other styling products, try to avoid those containing high alcohol content. (Alcohol can be very drying to the hair.)
- Styling products create build up on the hair and it is recommended that a deep cleansing shampoo be used once a month to remove build-up. Build-up can make the hair dry and can cause tangling. Use moisturizers to avoid this problem. If you must use heat, be sure you use a heat protecting spray.
- If you experience any tangling – Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. Gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair.
- NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.